Spring is just around the corner…..bringing with it allergy season! We must make sure our bodies are armed and ready to defend against the allergens in our midst.
Are you ready? Here are 5 ways to help you combat allergies this season:
1. Get checked by your Chiropractor! Did you know that getting adjusted helps to boost your immune system? Your nervous system and immune system work very closely together to create optimal responses and adaptations. By getting your spine checked and adjusted, you will ensure that your body will be better prepared for the allergens you face. Check out more on chiropractic and your immune system here.
2. Eat local honey. Did you know that local honey may contain pollen specific to your region? By consuming as small as a spoonful a day you can help build your immunity against local allergen irritants. (Do not give honey to children under the age of 1). Read more on local honey and allergies here.
3. Eat more garlic. Did you know that garlic has a natural antihistamine effect on the body? It helps to reduce watery eyes and runny noses associated with allergies. Plus, it tastes great, too! Learn more on garlic and seasonal allergies here.
4. Use cold chamomile tea bags on your eyes. Did you know that chamomile tea is not only a tasty drink, but can also help relieve itchy dry eyes? Try placing a cold tea bag on your eyes for five minutes. Enjoy the relief! Read more on chamomile tea here.
5. Season your food with thyme. Did you know that thyme can actually reduce the amount of phlegm produced? Next time you are cooking your fish and are looking for a new way to add flavor, dash some thyme on top before baking. Don’t want to season with it? Then, try drinking thyme tea (with your local honey, of course) each morning to get your day started. Learn more about Thyme and seasonal allergies here.
Learn more about how chiropractic care can meet the needs of you and your family here. We look forward to serving you!